Building TimeLine pedals

Work furiously continues on the first TimeLine build! Metal chassis have been built, anodized, and laser etched, and we’re now beginning final assembly. All of the presets have been completed. We’re finishing up the user manual. We’re running our quality tests. And we’re making sure to build enough to best satisfy demand. We do still have quite a few more TimeLine pedals to build, and we will put them up for sale as soon as we can.

If you’re interested in purchasing TimeLine when it is complete, be sure to sign up for our email newsletter. We’ll be announcing the release of TimeLine there first. Make sure to add info@strymon.net to your address book to ensure that the email makes it into your inbox and doesn’t get trapped by a hapless junk mail filter.

Tags:

58 Responses to “Building TimeLine pedals”

1. Daniel says:

GAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!! I cant wait!!!

2. T3R says:

looks like it will be another 2 weeks……….

3. Beau says:

Awesome! This is the best post of GOOD news I’ve ever seen!!! I know for sure that one of those has my name on it. Keep up the hard work guys, because these things are going to be AMAZINGLY SICK!!!!

4. Ryan says:

Truly a beautiful site.

5. John says:

Could you guys just tell us, honestly, is it another week, or more like two weeks?
    It’s always in the back of my mind, like everyone else here

@John – Manufacturing is very tricky. We could publish a release date, but there could always be unexpected challenges that throw off that date. The best I can say is that we’re getting very close, and be sure to sign up for our email newsletter! We’re working towards building a quantity that best satisfies demand, so not too many customers miss out on the first build. Thanks!

7. Peter says:

Good News indeed!!! Have been dreaming since Jan!!!

8. Taz says:

I just keep telling myself that the longer the wait the better chance I have of getting one from this first build. I just hope their servers don’t explode because 5,000+ people are all frantically trying to place an order at the same time! ;( …… Thanks guys for all your hard work! You’ll be millionaires soon if you’re not already!!

9. Damon says:

I’m sorry if this was mentioned, but has a price been set?

@Damon – Yes, TimeLine will be $449.

11. Damon says:

Ok, I have some pedals that are starting to get nervous cuz someone has to go.

12. Evan says:

Are any dealers getting any of this first batch?

13. James O. says:

YES!!!!! I can’t stop drooling!!!

14. Keith says:

Ethan, I was just wondering if everyone in the company is involved in the manufacture. I mean, do you all share in the soldering, fitting, etc?

@Keith – no, not everyone. You wouldn’t want me soldering anything.

16. T3R says:

Will the distributors receive the first batch as well?

17. Ulf says:

Ethan! I just wanted to check with you if you’re going to implement a Kill Dry feature in the Time Line? There doesn’t seem to be one at the moment, just the ability to set the mix at 100%

18. Chris says:

Talking about making enough TLs, Thomann in Europe is already sold out…

19. Shawn says:

Ah the suspense!
    Are you at liberty to say when it won’t be released? Say not before July 4th? I hope you guys get ID off!

Keep up the good work, can’t wait to hear this thing!

20. Alex says:

Actually, I have a question for a change. On Trem mode, can you set the mix to 100% wet and lower the delay time to 1ms (or as low as possible) to imitate a “real” tremolo pedal? Thanks, Alex

21. Brendan says:

Hey there Strymon team! I’m signed up for the newsletter… I have money ready to go for a Timeline. Do i buy direct from your store or do I have to go through a dealer?

@Brendan – we will have them for sale on our online store: http://store.strymon.net. We do also have several dealers that you can purchase from.

@Alex – Since TimeLine is a delay pedal at it’s core, there isn’t really a way to use it as a dedicated tremolo pedal.

@Ulf – at this point there aren’t plans for a kill dry feature.

25. s. borges says:

Ethan – in regard to purchasing it direct, only via Paypal or does Strymon accept Visa? Also, is there a problem with the billing address being different from the mailing address? I live in South America (Brazil) and, obviously, due to taxes and mailing costs, I’m to have this sent directly to NYC, either to a hotel (depending to the release date – if it happens in the next week or so), where a relative of mine will be staying, or to my nephew’s home address in Manhattan (if the release date is pushed further). Any problem here?

26. Patrick says:

14 minutes and they’re sold out. . . :/

27. ThinPaperWings says:

Just curious, how big was the first batch?

We don’t release production numbers, but I can say that this TimeLine build was by far the largest build that we’ve ever done (weeks and weeks of building), and we were surprised that it sold out so quickly. We’re already hard at work on our second build, and will put more up for sale as soon as we can.

29. ThinPaperWings says:

Well, I was able to buy one. Good thing I decided to be at my computer@7:05 on the dot.

30. Jarrod says:

I eagerly await being price gouged on ebay.

31. Disappointed says:

Well I didn’t get one….can you at least give us a ballpark time frame for the second release? I’d prefer to not have to check my email every five minutes like I have been doing for the past two weeks. I need a break.

32. s. borges says:

WOW!!! Sold out!?!?! Impressive, I must say. I have rarely seen a stock go out so quickly! Man, it probably sold out in an hour or two – I checked today, before leaving work, still with no release date, and when I got home about an hour later and turned the computer on, lo & behold! SOLD OUT! Unbelievable! Although I am among the many unfortunate (being in distant Sud Amerika, only God knows when – and if – I’ll get my hands on one of these and retire my TimeFactor for good – hopefully, I’ll be luckier the second time around….), my congratulations for such astounding success! Very impressive indeed! s.

33. Pazos says:

Does timeline comes with a power suply?

34. BT says:

OK just leave the buy it now up and let the orders go through. That’s what every other company on earth does! I really wonder if it is a ploy to keep us coming back to the site…what is the point? Just take our money and let us wait.

35. Selfdestroyer says:

Is there a reason we can not preorder one?

Yes, TimeLine comes with a power supply.

37. Pazos says:

Thanks! By the way…the best delay pedal i’ve ever heard! I’m glad i got a chance to get one!
    Congratulations!

38. SixStringZombie says:

The gougers are already starting up on Ebay with starting Buy It Now prices from anywhere between $750 and $1000! Ridiculous.

39. Shawn says:

Yes please to preorder or prepurchase! I have money ready for the 2nd run.

Can we start a petition or something…

40. s.borges says:

Hahahahaha! A few have just hit ebay for a small fortune! Come on, guys – lets have a second batch to keep the scalpers at bay! This is friggin’ surreal!

41. FannieBoisBois says:

So many poor little nascent tenders and lonely bedroom dreamers left inconsolable, with fresh echo schmears, missing the BIN with unsteadily trembling fingers. Nervous excitement, the anticipation, heart-throbbing keyboard time trials, ending in premature ecommercejaculation. Then dejection, depression and darkness. The candle of tech-enabled creative possibilities snuffed out in the harsh adult reality of real life competition. The fittest have triumphed. Dah Blooze and testosterone wins again.

…Sadly these tenders are now unable to share in the shuddering group joygasms with their forum BFFs, or doggedly be among the pioneers scent-marking Youtoob territory from mum’s basement, soliciting superlatives that would make Oscar Wilde blush in juvenile self-discovery.

Hang in there tenders! A new round awaits, whist the first round serpents will encircle you, waiting to add a second DamContStymline to their soul harvest in September.

;)

42. Keith says:

Hey Fannie,
    I know it’s lots of fun to experiment with the things you just learned in Haiku/Creative Writing class, but you really should get a life.

Dog barks in distance…Fannie weeps. No joygasm for Fannie.

43. John Kanaka Too-Rye-Ay says:

Max delay on 11/12 machines is 2.5sec, but the dBucket only has 800ms. WHY?

44. Pazos says:

does the favorite switch work with the timeline?

45. ThinPaperWings says:

There is no need for a favorite switch. Why do you need one preset when you have 200?

46. David Ramirez says:

When is the next batch of pedals being released for sale?! I NEED to buy one! I’ve been waiting soooooo patiently. Grrrr…

47. Paul says:

Yeah, an estimated time of production would be cool. Don’t want to wait in the darkness for too long :P

48. s. borges says:

It would be nice if we could have a date, any date – a rough estimate even. I’m kind of giving up on visiting this site day in, day out, just to have the next batch pop up God only knows when and being sold out again in ten minutes. Guess its going to be ebay for me – an extra $300 or more…..argh!

49. David Ramirez says:

Yeah, I agree… I’ve been checking the website like 3 times a day, and even though I had signed up for the newsletter, I was NEVER notified about the first batch of pedals. Grrr. I shall continue to wait!

50. Steve says:

“And we’re making sure to build enough to best satisfy demand.” Apparently Strymon greatly underestimated demand. I’ve never quite seen business done like this…no preorders? Preorders = estimate of demand.

@Steve – this last TimeLine build is the largest build we’ve ever done. We’re a small company and are doing our best to be able to build enough to meet demand. Thanks

@David – make sure you’ve added info@strymon.net to your address book, otherwise an angry junk mail filter may trash the email.

53. s. borges says:

To be honest, I did receive a letter from Strymon, being notified about the Timeline release. Yet, again, and taking the point Steve has made, it would be great the company could take preorders – easier for all interested parties. I would gladly pay up front for this and not have to worry about being “on time” for a second batch.

54. Steve says:

@Ethan – I completely understand about Strymon being a small company. Its the no preordering thing I don’t get. The whole email deal (shortly before they go on sale) is rather frustrating. I’m not tied to my email 24/7.

55. David Ramirez says:

Haha thanks! I just did that to make sure. I definitely agree a PreOrder option wouldn’t be bad… I wouldn’t mind paying a little extra for it. That’s business!

56. Alex says:

@Steve –

No Timeline for you! I’ll take his spot in line, thanks! ;)

57. David Ramirez says:

Hello, I just wanted to ask how the progress is coming along with the Timelines. I’m order #6696 and I pre-ordered the night the pre-order option was available. Thanks

58. SixStringZombie says:

An ode to the Timeline courtesy of The Kinks: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pDDoS_r_YKY&feature=related