Tap Favorite – favorite switch / tap tempo pedal

Tap Favorite - external tap tempo switch and favorite preset switchIntroducing the newest and smallest member of the Strymon family: Tap Favorite.

Want to store a preset of your Favorite settings on your Brigadier, El Capistan, Lex, or Flint? Or remotely tap tempos for your TimeLine, Mobius or Flint? Add our tiny Tap Favorite switch and connect to your Strymon pedal with the included 1/4″ TRS cable.

With the Favorite mode enabled, saving and recalling your Favorite preset is a snap. When you turn off your Favorite, it reverts back to the current knob states of your pedal. It’s like having two pedals ready to choose from.

When using Tap Tempo mode, you can place your TimeLine, Mobius, or Flint anywhere on your pedalboard and tap in your tempos remotely. Perfect for large rigs or boards with pedals fighting for real estate.

Learn more at the Tap Favorite site.

Tags: , , , , ,

26 Responses to “Tap Favorite – favorite switch / tap tempo pedal”

1. Rob W Jackson says:

Hi – is the switch “non-clicky” like on the Flint and latest Timeline? I love my fave switch, but sometimes the click is a bit too loud for intimate solo gigs. Cheers guys!

@Rob W Jackson, Yes. The new TAP Favorite features the silent non-click foot switches.

3. Rob W Jackson says:

Cool! I’m getting one for sure. Thanks guys – great idea!

4. Luke says:

Hi – I use my El Capistan in Trails mode. If I use a Tap Favourite to turn the pedal on and off, will the Trails mode work? Thanks!

@Luke, Engaging and bypassing the favorite preset on your El Capistan with a TAP Favorite switch will not allow you to use the trails mode feature.

6. phillyj says:

So there’s no way this can function as a favorite switch for the Timeline? I bought it for the sole purpose of favorite access. Thanks…

@phillyj, You actually don’t need to use the TAP Favorite as a favorite switch for the TimeLien because the TimeLine allows you to save two custom presets per each bank. Adding the TAP Favorite would be redundant. You can use the TAP Favorite as an external TAP tempo switch with the TimeLine though. Hoep this helps!

8. phillyj says:

Thanks for the reply. I really want to program my set in order using the banks but I need to be able to save my favorite elsewhere in the banks to be able to jump to quickly anytime in the middle of the song. This would be a useful feature for people who don’t have time to think. Hope that makes sense. Blessings…

@phillyj, If you got a MIDI controller you’d totally be able to do that. You can send program changes from the MIDI controller to recall any preset you want on the fly. That could be a possible solution for you. :)

10. Josef says:

With the El Cap and Favorite switch the toggles need to be in middle postion in order to use Favorite switch correct? Does this preclude using other setting in order to save? Say right side switch in C for longer delays. Thanks.

@Josef, the toggle switches only need to be in the middle while you power it up and hold down both foot switches to actually get into Favorite Switch mode. After you’ve successfully powered up into that mode you can set the toggle switches to any position you’d like in order to dial in the tone you want.

12. Josef says:

Thanks. That’s what I thought.

13. gabriel says:

does the tap/fav pedal save heads, modes and sec. functions in el capistan?

@gabriel, yes it does. It just won’t work as an external TAP switch. It will only work as a Favorite Switch.

15. gabriel says:

cool! I don’t need external tap switch. I’d love to use fav. AND expression pedal, but it’s not possible… damn.
    so I will probably use it for switching between regular delay preset and sound on sound mode.
    p.s. why there’s no exp input in blue sky? ;(

@gabriel, I’ll pass that feedback along! :)

17. morgan says:

For some reason I was under the impression that the Favorite button didn’t work for switching between “normal” El Capistan settings and then over to the Sound on Sound mode. Can you clarify the process?

@morgan – Saving a Sound on Sound setting for the FAVORITE switch is just like saving a ‘normal’ preset on the El Capistan. Just set both of the toggle switches in the ‘down’ position selecting SINGLE TAPE HEAD and MODE C, then, dial in the knobs to the settings you like. To store the setting to FAVORITE, just press and hold the BYPASS button for a few seconds until the BYPASS light blinks. The FAVORITE switch will then toggle between the manual setting and the Sound on Sound setting you saved, however, you would still control the SPLICE feature with the El Cap’s onboard TAP switch and use the onboard BYPASS switch to turn the effect on and off.

19. Thomas says:

Is it possible to use one tap tempo pedal to give tempo to my timeline and Flint at the same time ?
    do i need an “Y” TRS cable ?

@Thomas – Yes, you can just use a TRS cable that has been split to add an additional 1/4″ TRS connection that is connected to the TIP and RING wires. With this connection, you can control both pedals with a single TAP/FAV switch.

21. Chris says:

Hi there, I just got two favorite switches for an old (clicky switches) El Capistan and a Flint.

The flint works as expected in that you can turn on the favorite preset from a bypassed state by clicking the favorite switch.

However, the El Capistan requires both the bypass and the favorite switch (order doesn’t matter) to engage the preset.

Is this the expected functionality? I’d like to be able to engage the fave preset on the El Cap from bypassed with one click!

@Chris – The Favorite switch works differently on the El Capistan than it does on the Flint where it does not have the ability to engage and bypass the effect on the El Capistan like it does on the Flint pedal. Sorry for the trouble.

23. Kairos says:

On the strymon timline, when using the tap tempo feature on the favorite switch, what happens a to the tap tempo switch on the timeline? Does it still work? It be cool you’d be able scroll through banks similar to the multi switch when he favorite switch is being used… at least I think it would.

@Kairos – The Tap switch on the TimeLine will continue working as the Tap switch as normal when using an external TAP switch in the EXP input. Thanks for the feedback on other uses for the switch!

25. Sam says:

The el cap fav switch was easy enough to setup thanks to your video. My only issue has to do with time. Why can’t the fav just the dials I adjust not everything or at least allow me not save a parameter like time. I have a hard time finding a use for a fav preset that it locked into a completely different time signature. ::palm face::

@Sam – The Favorite setting is designed to store the entire state that the pedal is currently in, including the TIME parameter. This way, when the Favorite setting is selected, it is recalled in the exact setting that it was in when saved. If you have further questions, please email us at support@strymon.net