Tap Favorite – favorite switch / tap tempo pedal

Tap Favorite - external tap tempo switch and favorite preset switchIntroducing the newest and smallest member of the Strymon family: Tap Favorite.

Want to store a preset of your Favorite settings on your Brigadier, El Capistan, Lex, or Flint? Or remotely tap tempos for your TimeLine, Mobius or Flint? Add our tiny Tap Favorite switch and connect to your Strymon pedal with the included 1/4″ TRS cable.

With the Favorite mode enabled, saving and recalling your Favorite preset is a snap. When you turn off your Favorite, it reverts back to the current knob states of your pedal. It’s like having two pedals ready to choose from.

When using Tap Tempo mode, you can place your TimeLine, Mobius, or Flint anywhere on your pedalboard and tap in your tempos remotely. Perfect for large rigs or boards with pedals fighting for real estate.

Learn more at the Tap Favorite site.

Tags: , , , , ,

16 Responses to “Tap Favorite – favorite switch / tap tempo pedal”

1. Rob W Jackson says:

Hi – is the switch “non-clicky” like on the Flint and latest Timeline? I love my fave switch, but sometimes the click is a bit too loud for intimate solo gigs. Cheers guys!

@Rob W Jackson, Yes. The new TAP Favorite features the silent non-click foot switches.

3. Rob W Jackson says:

Cool! I’m getting one for sure. Thanks guys – great idea!

4. Luke says:

Hi – I use my El Capistan in Trails mode. If I use a Tap Favourite to turn the pedal on and off, will the Trails mode work? Thanks!

@Luke, Engaging and bypassing the favorite preset on your El Capistan with a TAP Favorite switch will not allow you to use the trails mode feature.

6. phillyj says:

So there’s no way this can function as a favorite switch for the Timeline? I bought it for the sole purpose of favorite access. Thanks…

@phillyj, You actually don’t need to use the TAP Favorite as a favorite switch for the TimeLien because the TimeLine allows you to save two custom presets per each bank. Adding the TAP Favorite would be redundant. You can use the TAP Favorite as an external TAP tempo switch with the TimeLine though. Hoep this helps!

8. phillyj says:

Thanks for the reply. I really want to program my set in order using the banks but I need to be able to save my favorite elsewhere in the banks to be able to jump to quickly anytime in the middle of the song. This would be a useful feature for people who don’t have time to think. Hope that makes sense. Blessings…

@phillyj, If you got a MIDI controller you’d totally be able to do that. You can send program changes from the MIDI controller to recall any preset you want on the fly. That could be a possible solution for you. :)

10. Josef says:

With the El Cap and Favorite switch the toggles need to be in middle postion in order to use Favorite switch correct? Does this preclude using other setting in order to save? Say right side switch in C for longer delays. Thanks.

@Josef, the toggle switches only need to be in the middle while you power it up and hold down both foot switches to actually get into Favorite Switch mode. After you’ve successfully powered up into that mode you can set the toggle switches to any position you’d like in order to dial in the tone you want.

12. Josef says:

Thanks. That’s what I thought.

13. gabriel says:

does the tap/fav pedal save heads, modes and sec. functions in el capistan?

@gabriel, yes it does. It just won’t work as an external TAP switch. It will only work as a Favorite Switch.

15. gabriel says:

cool! I don’t need external tap switch. I’d love to use fav. AND expression pedal, but it’s not possible… damn.
    so I will probably use it for switching between regular delay preset and sound on sound mode.
    p.s. why there’s no exp input in blue sky? ;(

@gabriel, I’ll pass that feedback along! :)