Posted by Angela

We asked you to go back to your high school days and tell us what band/performer was most influential. When all the answers came in it looked like it would be fun to share this in a word cloud. Check out below for which were mentioned the most. You can also visit the original Facebook post here. Didn’t get to add yours? Tell us in the comments below :)

High School Influencers

Word cloud made with WordItOut

Tags: ,

15 Responses to “Going back to your high school days – what band/performer was most influential for you at that time?”

1. Zach D says:

In high school? I assure you that you all were cooler than I was. I was a Coheed kid to the core then. Not so much these days.

2. rodrigo says:

No Pixies?!?!?! Unforgivable ;)

3. Carsten says:

due to the lack of facebook (yep, they really exist: people, who don´t use f.book):
    Back in 1986/89 we we´re completely addicted to the early U2, as well as Billy Idol or BAP (a german band from Cologne). I played guitar in a local school band and it was the greatest experience I ever made: playin in front of 150 people who freaked out by the riff of Sunday, bloody sunday :-) I miss theses days…

4. Joel says:

Rage Against the Machine

5. Rob says:

Definitely U2. They’ve seriously gone off the rails these days but in ’89, growing up in a small town in the South Island of New Zealand, U2 were gods. They played here for their ‘When Love Comes to Town’ tour with BB King. What a show!!

6. Michael says:

Back in the day when I was 13,14 I and my band buddies totally wore out albums by Jeff beck.

7. Josse says:

Jeff Beck

8. Matheus Mavignier says:

U2!!!

9. ThinPaperWings says:

I’m shocked I don’t see U2 on there! (There have to be a fair number of Edge-o-philes out there who use the Timeline). Glad to see people mention the in the comments section.

10. Brian says:

Rush. The entire band. I’m a guitarist and have been hugely inspired by Alex Lifeson, but there is no weak link in Rush.

11. Jordan says:

R.E.M.

12. cincycosmo says:

Back in high school? I’ll show my age: I was a trumpet player and listened to the ‘band’ music of the time; Chicago, Blood Sweat and Tears, Bill Chase, etc. Listening to Chicago, I picked up on Terry Kath. He was the lead guitarist for Chicago back in their early years. He truly rocked and to this day is often compared to Hendrix. He died of an accidental self inflicted gun shot. I switched from trumpet to guitar in high school because of his playing. Cant get more influential than that.

13. Dr. Howard says:

Jimi Hendrix!

14. montychristo86 says:

Metallica. I know that people say they are a cliche now, but just because someone is popular doesn’t mean they are sellouts.