How do I change the bypass mode on Brig?
From the factory, with the rear I/O Mode Selector set to mono, Brig is set for True Bypass as the default. There are several benefits to setting Brig to Buffered Bypass mode:
- Preserves the high frequency response of your guitar signal through your pedal chain and long cable runs.
- Helps maintain signal levels when the pedal is both bypassed and engaged when there is an impedance mismatch between the pedals’ output and the device it is connected to.
- If there is DC offset in the audio signal, it helps eliminate popping in the audio when engaging and bypassing the pedal.
To change the bypass mode on Brig:
- Press and hold the footswitch for at least 2 seconds while connecting power to Brig. Once the LED flashes, release the footswitch.
- Toggle the VOICE switch to choose between TRUE BYPASS or BUFFERED BYPASS modes. The LED will change color to indicate the current status as you toggle the switch.
- TRUE BYPASS: GREEN (default, LEFT or MIDDLE switch position)
- BUFFERED BYPASS: RED (RIGHT switch position)
- Press the footswitch to store the Bypass mode and begin using Brig.
NOTE: With the rear I/O Mode Selector set to mono -> stereo or stereo, the bypass mode is automatically set to Buffered Bypass.