Tap Favorite can be used as a tap tempo switch with BigSky, DIG, Deco, Flint, Mobius, and TimeLine. To set up your tap Favorite for Tap Tempo mode, follow these steps:
- Unscrew the four screws on the bottom of the chassis.
- Once opened, locate the small jumper underneath the circuit board and switch it from the center and right pins to the center and left pins. Please see the image below.
Once you have the Tap Favorite configured to Tap Tempo Mode you still need to make sure your Strymon Flint, TimeLine, or Mobius pedal is set up to recognize an external tap tempo pedal.
Power up while making sure that both conditions below apply:
- Both toggle switches are in the DOWN position
- You are pressing both footswitches simultaneously (this configures the Flint EXP jack for use with an external TAP pedal; see page 5 of the Tap Favorite user manual).
Step 1 Power up holding BOTH footswitches.
Step 2 While holding down both footswitches (this is on page 7 of the Deco user manual):
- Turn the SATURATION knob to the 12 o’clock noon position to use Tap/Favorite as a Tap tempo switch to control the LAG TIME of the Doubletracker.
- Press and hold the Value knob for 2 seconds to access the Globals menu.
- Scroll through the menu options until you see EXP MD (this stands for “expression model”).
- Once there, press down on the VALUE knob.
- Then set the mode for TAP. Press the TYPE knob to exit the Global menu.
This information is also on page 6 of the Tap Favorite user manual.