switch controls the recording and playback speed of the recording medium which affects the fidelity and mechanical response of the selected TYPE
- Slower speeds yields lower fidelity delays and looper recordings.
- At slower speeds, the sound of the delays is more susceptible to irregularities generated by a higher MECHANICS setting.
- Faster speeds provides higher fidelity delays and looper recordings.
- Volante offers a true varispeed system with pitch effects as the SPEED switch is toggled faster (higher pitch) or slower (lower pitch).
- Changing the SPEED will also result in a proportional change to the delay time range of the TIME knob:
- half: 400ms – 4s
- normal: 200ms – 2s
- double: 100ms – 1s
- The maximum recording time for the Sound-on-Sound looper is also affected by the SPEED.
- half – 64 seconds
- normal – 32 seconds
- double – 16 seconds