How to use an expression pedal to control the knobs on NightSky?
You can set the EXP jack on NightSky to accept an expression pedal for real-time control over any one or more of the knobs in any direction.
To set the EXP jack to Expression mode:
- Press and hold down the INFINITE footswitch while connecting power to the pedal.
- Once all three LEDs and PRESET BUTTONS 1-6 light up on the pedal, release the footswitch.
- Turn the REVERB knob counter-clockwise and the ON LED will light up GREEN to indicate Expression mode.
- Press the INFINITE footswitch to exit and store the EXP jack setting.
NOTE: EXP jack assignment persists through power cycles.
To assign knobs to be controlled with the expression pedal:
- Connect an expression pedal to the EXP jack of NightSky using a TRS cable.
- Press and hold down PRESET BUTTONS 1 & 8 until all eight PRESET BUTTONS blink GREEN.
- Rock the expression pedal to the HEEL position and PRESET BUTTONS 1-4 will blink GREEN.
- Set the knob(s) you would like to control to the desired settings for the HEEL position of the expression pedal. PRESET BUTTONS 1-4 will blink RED.
- Rock the expression pedal to the TOE position. Now, PRESET BUTTONS 5-8 will blink GREEN.
- Set the knob(s) you would like to control to the desired position you would like for the TOE position of the expression pedal. PRESET BUTTONS 5-8 will blink RED.
- When you are done, press any of the PRESET BUTTONS to save this assignment.
Make sure to save your presets after assigning the expression pedal to save the assignment to your presets. We recommend using an expression pedal with a 25k Ohm minimum potentiometer.
NOTE: Expression pedal assignment is saved independently per Favorite/MIDI preset.