On Compadre, you have the option of using a clean or dirty boost via the rear BOOST TYPE switch while the BOOST EQ switch selects the frequency shape.
- clean: Boost circuit increases the output level without introducing noticeable clipping.
- dirty: Boost circuit increases output level while introducing soft clipping characteristics of an overdrive pedal.
- treble: Tightens up the bottom end by boosting the mid to high frequencies.
- mid: Fattens up your signal by pushing the midrange frequencies.
- flat: Full range frequency response. When used with the clean boost type, provides a clean boost without affecting the tone of the signal.