The Front End to Your Dream Tone.
There is a monster trapped inside your low or medium gain amp, and OB.1 can set it free. Bring out your amp’s character in ways you never thought possible. Hear things you never knew your amp could do.
OB.1 provides greater than 20dB of gain-compensated compression, and with the integrated Clean Boost, an extra 10dB of full-frequency, mid or treble boost is available. Use the mid or treble boost together with a bit of transparent compression, and your amp will sound like it was just modified by a world-class boutique amp designer.
Clean Boost With Curves.
Clean Up Your Playing.
Press (+) for more info.
Front Panel Controls
- Output controls the overall output level. Attenuation is possible at low settings as well as overall boost at higher settings.
- Boost Level varies the amount of boost when the clean boost circuit is active. Soft clipping can be achieved by setting the Boost Level at maximum.
- Comp sets the threshold of the optical compressor circuit. Set below 50% for more transparent settings and above 50% for more sonically apparent compression. Turning the COMP knob to zero effectively takes the compressor out of circuit.
- Boost Shape varies the frequency response of the clean boost circuit. Select treble boost, mid boost, or full flat frequency response curves.
- The Boost footswitch ngages the Clean Boost. The Clean Boost is post compressor.
- The Bypass footswitch engages and disengages effect. Bypass is a true bypass circuit with mechanical relay switching.
Ins & Outs
- Input – High impedance mono input.
- Power – Standard 9V DC center negative power input. 20mA of current required. Can also be powered with a 9V battery.
- Output – Low impedance mono output.
Internal DIP Switches for Additional Tweakability.
- True Bypass (electromechanical relay switching)
- Greater than 20dB of gain compensated compression
- Additional 10dB of full frequency, mid, or treble boost with Clean Boost engaged
- Treble Boost Frequency: Shelf at about 1.5 kHz or 2kHz switchable with internal DIP switches
- Mid Boost Frequency: Peak around 800 Hz or 1.1kHz switchable with internal DIP switches