TimeLine, BigSky, and Mobius have the ability to store multiple sound settings within their memory banks to use for your performances. The sounds available on each of these pedals are stored in memory locations called presets arranged in a grid for easy access.
On our BigSky reverb, there are 100 numbered banks (00-99) with 3 presets per bank (A, B, and C). There are 100 total factory presets (00A-33A) that are repeated 2 more times in the 300 available preset locations (33B-66B and 66C-99C).
On TimeLine and Mobius, there are 100 banks (00-99) with 2 presets per bank (A and B). There are 100 total factory presets (00A-49B) that are repeated in the second half of the banks (50A-99B).
There are 2 ways to navigate through the presets with the pedal’s controls and footswitches.
- One way is to turn the VALUE encoder when the preset name or BANK # is shown in the display to scroll up and down through the presets.
- Note: Press the TYPE button to toggle between the Preset Name/Bank # or the TIME/DECAY/SPEED for setting for the current preset.
- You can also navigate through the presets using the footswitches of the pedal. When you are in any particular bank # (Bank 00 for example), you can use the A, B, or C (BigSky) footswitches to recall the corresponding presets in that bank (00A, 00B, and 00C).
- If you would like to recall a preset in a different bank #, you can use the footswitches to access the other banks on the pedal. Press the A+B footswitches together to bank down and press B+TAP/C to bank up. For example, if you are currently on preset 00A and would like to recall preset 02B:
- Press B+TAP/C two times to scroll up from bank 00 to bank 02.
- Once on bank 02, press the B footswitch to recall preset 02B .
As each of the preset locations has a setting already saved to it from the factory, you can modify any of the presets in any of the banks to create and save your own custom settings. There are no designated ‘user’ locations as you can modify any of the existing presets on the pedal for your own sounds.
- Once you have dialed in a sound you like for any particular preset, you can save this new setting in the same preset location by pressing and holding down the TYPE encoder button for a few seconds until the display shows ‘SAVE.’ Once the display shows ‘SAVE,’ you can release the TYPE button and press it once more to store this setting in the current preset location.
You can also save your presets to a different location than where they were originally created or saved.
On the pedal, go through the SAVE procedure (press and hold down the TYPE button until the display shows SAVE), then turn the VALUE encoder to select the BANK number you would like to save to. Once you have scrolled to the desired Bank #, press the A or B footswitch to save the preset to the corresponding channel in this bank.
On any of these pedals, if you save any settings in the first set of 100 presets, it will overwrite those settings, however, there is a copy of the factory presets in the higher preset locations should you need to reference them.
- On BigSky, the 100 Factory Prestes found in 00A-33A are also copied 2 more times in presets 33B-66B, and 66C-99C.
- On Timeline and Mobius, the 100 Factory Presets found in 00A-49B are also copied in presets 50A-99B.
If you have any questions, please feel free to email us at [email protected] and we’d be glad to personally help you out! 🙂