How to use Expression to control the knobs on Iridium?
You can set the EXP jack on Iridium to accept an expression pedal for real-time control over any one or more of the knobs on Iridium in any direction.
To set the EXP jack to Expression mode:
- Press and hold down the FAV footswitch while connecting power to the pedal.
- Once both LEDs on the pedal flash, release the footswitch.
- Turn the LEVEL knob counter-clockwise and the ON LED will light up GREEN to indicate Expression mode.
- Press the ON or FAV footswitch to exit and store the EXP jack setting.
NOTE: EXP jack assignment persists through power cycles.
To assign knobs to be controlled with the expression pedal:
- Connect an expression pedal to the EXP jack of Iridium using a TRS cable.
- Press and hold down both footswitches until BOTH LEDs blink GREEN.
- Set the knob(s) you would like to control to the desired settings for the HEEL position of the expression pedal. The FAV LED will turn RED.
- Now, rock the expression pedal to the TOE position. Now, only the ON LED will blink GREEN.
- Set the knob(s) you would like to control to the desired position you would like for the TOE position of the expression pedal. The ON LED will turn RED.
- When you are done, press either of the ON or FAV footswitches to save this assignment.
NOTE: Expression pedal assignment is saved independently per Favorite/MIDI preset.