Strymon Update 2 Troubleshooting
If you run into trouble while updating your device with the Strymon Update application, you may see some text in the software or behavior on your device that may be different than normal.
There are 2 parts to the firmware update: the USER and DSP firmware. When you first connect a Magneto module with the original factory firmware, the ‘installed version’ will show as ‘1.00’. If the update is interrupted on your device, and only one part of the update is installed, the ‘installed version’ may show something different. For example, if the USER code is updated, but the DSP code is still the original factory version it may show ‘D114-U042’ showing that the two parts of the firmware are out of sync. If this happens:
- Try running the update once again to see if it completes to show a single version number (ex. 1.14).
- If you receive any file format errors, select ‘Yes’ to continue the update.
- If you continue to have trouble, please contact Strymon support by sending an email to [email protected] with full details on the problem, your computer system and connections, and any error messages you have received.
If you have trouble during a firmware update, you may see one or more LED’s on the unit blinking white. This indicates that the device is in ‘Update Mode’ and is waiting to perform the update. The Strymon Update software will recognize your device as ‘strymon_recover’ while in this mode. You have 2 options to recover your device back to normal functionality:
- Run the update once again with the Strymon Update software.
- Remove the USB cable and power from the device, then, re-connect the power. The device will boot up with normal functionality.
If you continue to have trouble, please contact Strymon support by sending an email to [email protected] with full details on the problem, which device you are using, your computer system and connections, and any error messages you have received.