How can I use an expression pedal to control Riverside?
You can use a TRS expression pedal to control as many of Riverside’s knobs as you like, in any direction, throughout their range.
- First, connect your expression pedal to the EXP jack on Riverside with a TRS cable.
- At power up, press and hold the FAVORITE footswitch while plugging in the power to Riverside and both the FAVORITE and ON LEDs will blink.
- Release the footswitch and turn the LEVEL knob to the LEFT of the knob range so that the ON LED lights up GREEN.
- Press the FAVORITE or ON footswitches to store this setting and use Riverside.
To assign which knobs to control with the expression pedal:
- Once Riverside is powered up, press and hold down both FAVORITE and ON footswitches for a few seconds until both LEDs begin blinking green.
- Rock the expression pedal back to the HEEL down position and only the FAVORITE LED will be blinking.
- Set the knobs the way you would like them to be in the HEEL down position of the expression pedal. The FAVORITE LED will turn red to indicate that the setting has been adjusted.
- Rock the expression pedal forward to the TOE down position and only the ON LED will be blinking.
- Set the knobs you would like to control to the setting for the TOE down position of the expression pedal. The ON LED will turn red to indicate that the setting has been adjusted.
- Press the FAVORITE or ON footswitch once to save the expression settings.
NOTE: Expression pedal settings are global and will affect both the Favorite preset and manual settings on the Riverside.