How can I use an expression pedal to control Sunset?
You can use a TRS expression pedal to control as many of Sunset’s knobs as you like, in any direction, throughout their range.
- First, connect your expression pedal to the EXP jack on Sunset with a TRS cable.
- At power up, press and hold the A channel footswitch while plugging in the power to Sunset and both the A and B channel LEDs will blink.
- Release the footswitch and turn the B channel LEVEL knob to the LEFT of the knob range so that the ON LED lights up GREEN.
- Press the A or B channel footswitches to store this setting and use Sunset.
To assign which knobs to control with the expression pedal:
- Once Sunset is powered up, press and hold down both A and B channel footswitches for a few seconds until both LEDs begin blinking green.
- Rock the expression pedal back to the HEEL down position and only the A channel LED will be blinking.
- Set the knobs the way you would like them to be in the HEEL down position of the expression pedal. The B channel LED will turn red to indicate that the setting has been adjusted.
- Rock the expression pedal forward to the TOE down position and only the B channel LED will be blinking.
- Set the knobs you would like to control to the setting for the TOE down position of the expression pedal. The B channel LED will turn red to indicate that the setting has been adjusted.
- Press the A or B channel footswitches once to save the expression settings.
NOTE: Expression pedal settings are global and will affect both the Favorite preset and manual settings on Sunset.