How do I change the bypass mode on El Capistan?
From the factory, El Capistan’s bypass mode is set to True Bypass with the option to be set to Buffered Bypass. There are several benefits to setting El Capistan to Buffered Bypass mode:
- Preserves the high frequency response of your guitar signal through your pedal chain and long cable runs.
- Helps maintain signal levels when the pedal is both bypassed and engaged when there is an impedance mismatch between the pedals’ output and the device it is connected to.
- If there is DC offset in the audio signal, it helps eliminate popping in the audio when engaging and bypassing the pedal.
To change the bypass mode on El Capistan:
- Press and hold the ON footswitch while powering up El Capistan. Once both LEDs flash, release the footswitch.
- Turn the MIX knob to choose between True Bypass or Buffered Bypass modes. The ON LED will change color to indicate the current status as you turn the knob.
- True Bypass: GREEN (default)
- Buffered Bypass: RED
- Press either footswitch to store the Bypass mode and begin using El Capistan.
NOTE: Connecting a cable into the RIGHT OUTPUT jack will automatically set the bypass mode to Buffered Bypass.