How do I configure the EXP/ MIDI port on UltraViolet?
To configure the EXP/MIDI jack on UltraViolet:
- Press and hold the footswitch for at least 2 seconds while connecting UltraViolet to power. Once the LED flashes, release the footswitch.
- Turn the VOLUME knob to select the function of the rear panel’s EXP/MIDI jack. The LED will change color to indicate the current status as you turn the knob.
- Expression Pedal mode: GREEN (default, minimum) – Allows continuous control over any of the knobs in any direction with a standard TRS expression pedal.
- Favorite mode: AMBER (11 o’clock) – Allows you to recall a Favorite setting using a Strymon MiniSwitch (or a MultiSwitch Plus set to TAP/FAV/BOOST mode).
- Tap mode: RED (1 o’clock) – Using a Strymon MiniSwitch allows you to tap in a tempo in quarter notes for your delay repeats to
- MIDI mode: BLUE – Allows for the selection of three presets using a Strymon MultiSwitch Plus. Full MIDI functionality is available by sending MIDI Program Change messages via 1/4″ TRS MIDI connection using a Strymon Conduit or MIDI EXP cable. Up to 300 presets are available via MIDI.
- Press the footswitch to store the EXP/MIDI jack mode and begin using UltraViolet.